What happened to Alexander Morris? Four Tops singer sues hospital for racial discrimination after allegedly put in straight jacket
Alexander Morris, the renowned singer of the legendary Motown group The Four Tops, has filed a lawsuit against a prominent hospital in Detroit, alleging racial discrimination and wrongful treatment. Alexander Morris, the renowned singer of the Motown group The Four Tops, has filed a lawsuit against Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital in Detroit, alleging racial discrimination and wrongful treatment. Morris went to the hospital in 2023 due to breathing difficulty and chest pain, but the hospital allegedly put him in a restraining jacket and stopped his treatment. The lawsuit also alleges that Morris told staff that he was a member of Four Tips in the emergency room, but they denied it. The hospital has since cancelled a psychological evaluation and offered a $25 gift card from Meijer as an apology. Morris is seeking damages of over $75,000 for the harm, losses, or damages incurred.

Pubblicato : 10 mesi fa di Alishba Memon in Entertainment
Alexander Morris, the renowned singer of the legendary Motown group The Four Tops, has filed a lawsuit against a prominent hospital in Detroit, alleging racial discrimination and wrongful treatment.
On April 7, 2023, Morris went to Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital in the Detroit suburb of Warren as he had difficulty breathing and chest pain. However, the hospital allegedly put him in a restraining jacket and stopped his treatment, alleging racial discrimination, as per the lawsuit filed on Monday, June 10, 2024.
Furthermore, Morris told the hospital staff that he was a member of Four Tops in the emergency room, they allegedly denied it, and the doctor ordered a psychological evaluation. Last year Alexander Morris claimed that staff set him into the "psych" ward. Morris told CBS in 2023:
The Four Tops is an American vocal quartet from Detroit, Michigan, started in the 1950s. Alexander Morris joined the group in 2019. The artist has given top hits such as , , , , and .
Why did Alexander Morris visit the hospital?
According to NBC reports, the lawsuit reads that the singer had a significant known history of cardiac disease, including the placement of stents and a defibrillator. Additionally, he visited the hospital due to having difficulty in breathing.
During his visit to a hospital in 2023, Alexander Morris was diagnosed with heart infarction, which may require a heart transplant, and pneumonia. Moreover, he suffered three seizures during his stay in Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, the lawsuit reads.
The Four Tops' Alexander Morris filed a lawsuit against the hospital
Earlier this week, the singer filed a lawsuit, which he planned last year due to the ill-treatment he received. In an attorney statement released on Tuesday, June 11, 2024, Morris suggested that it was a "terrifying experience" and also claimed that none of the doctors or nurses helped him because of his skin color. Morris said:
According to USA Today, the treatment allegedly ceased when Alexander Morris informed the staff that he was a member of the Motown singing group. The staff and doctors reportedly suggested that he was experiencing a mental delusion and required psychiatric treatment.
Morris' attorney, Maurice Davis, told CBC in 2023 that his client had his identity card with him; still, the staff believed Morris was "insane". Davis said:
The suit further suggests that Alexander Morris was told he was not free to leave, and his belongings were seized. When Morris' wife went to the nursing station to collect his belongings and saw what was happening, she immediately rushed to one of the security officers and told him that he was a member of Four Tops.
Moreover, a nurse asked Morris' wife to show a video, to which she played a clip of him performing at Grammy's. The nurse realized his identity and informed the doctor.
As a result, the doctor canceled the psychological evaluation. Furthermore, as an apology, the hospital offered Alexander Morris a $25 gift card from Meijer, which he refused, as per the lawsuit.
As per NBC, in response to allegations, the hospital released a statement on Tuesday suggesting that they "do not condone racial discrimination of any kind" and that the well-being of their patients is their "top priority". They stated:
The plaintiff is seeking damages over $75,000 in compensation for the harm, losses, or damages incurred. The date for the jury trial has yet to be disclosed.
Temi: Lawsuits, Racial Injustice, Social Issues, Music